Grilled lobster tail is the perfect way to show off your culinary skills. This succulent seafood dish is easy to make and will leave your guests impressed with your cooking abilities. From start to finish, this recipe takes only about 20 minutes so it’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal!
7 Tips for Making the Perfect Grilled Lobster Tail
When it comes to seafood, lobster is a delicacy that not many people get to experience. However, grilled lobster tail is a dish that is simple enough for anyone to make and it will leave your guests feeling impressed. Here are seven tips for making the perfect grilled lobster tail:
1. Choose a quality lobster tail.
When you’re buying lobster tails, make sure to choose ones that are fresh and of good quality. Avoid frozen lobster tails if possible, as they can be less flavorful and tend to be more rubbery when cooked.
2. Preheat your grill.
Before you start cooking the lobster tails, you’ll want to preheat your grill to medium-high heat. This will help ensure that the lobster tails cook evenly.
3. Season the lobster tails.
Once the grill is preheated, it’s time to season the lobster tails. You can use any type of seasoning you like, but we recommend using a mixture of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Grill the lobster tails.
Place the seasoned lobster tails on the grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes, flipping them once halfway through cooking.
5. Remove from grill and let rest for a few minutes.
Once the lobster tails are cooked through, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help prevent them from drying out.
6. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
We recommend serving the grilled lobster tails with a buttery garlic dipping sauce. However, you can also serve them with a lemon wedges or your favorite salad dressing.
These tips will help you make the perfect grilled lobster tail every time. So next time you’re looking for an impressive seafood dish to make, remember to try grilling lobster tails!
10 Ways to Cook a Tasty, Mouthwatering Grill Lobster
When you’re looking to impress your guests at your next cookout, nothing beats a grilled lobster tail. Here are ten ways to make a tasty, mouthwatering grilled lobster:
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat before seasoning the lobster tails with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. Grill the lobster tails for 8-10 minutes, flipping them once halfway through cooking.
3. Remove from grill and let rest for a few minutes before serving with your favorite dipping sauce.
4. Try grilling lobster tails with garlic butter for a delicious flavor profile.
5. Add some smokiness to your grilled lobster tails by using mesquite wood chips.
6. Grill lobster tails over an open flame for a more authentic flavor.
7. marinate the lobster tails in your favorite BBQ sauce before grilling.
8. For a unique twist, try wrapping the lobster tails in bacon before grilling.
9. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top of the grilled lobster tails for a cheesy flavor.
10. Get creative with your seasonings and experiment with different herbs and spices to find a flavor combination that you love!
2 lobster tails, split lengthwise down the center of the top shell
1/4 cup clarified butter, melted (see note below)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place lobster tails on a work surface; using kitchen shears, cut through top shell and meat almost to the end of the tail. Spread lobsters open; brush both sides with clarified butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill for 5-6 minutes per side, or until bright red and slightly charred. Serve immediately.
Note: To make clarified butter, melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Slowly skim foam from the top until only clear yellow butter remains. Discard milk solids at the bottom of the pan.